1. Out of Bounds
- A ball played into or over a boundary ditch or over a boundary fence or hedge is out of bounds (boundary ditches are those on the left hand side of the 1st and 3rd holes)
- A ball on or beyond the path surrounding the putting green on the Clubhouse side of the white posts/markings is out of bounds
- The car park is out of bounds.
2. Water Hazards
- The brook is a water hazard. The boundary ditches at the 1st and 3rd holes are NOT water hazards (see 1. above).
3. Immovable Obstructions
- Staked trees, bridges and man-made paths, fixed sprinkler heads (see appendix 1 no. 4a), bells on the 18th fairway, the Halfway house, seats and benches are immovable obstructions. Relief may be obtained under Rule 24-2.
4. Moveable Obstructions
- Stones in bunkers and distance marker posts are moveable obstructions. Rule 24-1 applies.
5. Aeration Holes
- On the putting green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be placed at the nearest point, not nearer the hole.
6. Ground Under Repair
- All white-lined areas on the course are GUR. The ball MUST be dropped at the nearest point of relief, within one club length not nearer the hole, with no penalty
- Grass cuttings, twigs and branches piled for removal are considered GUR. Relief under Rule 25-1b applies.
7. Practice Areas
- Practice areas are:
- a) the practice putting green and adjacent chipping area
- b) the practice bunker, green and area to the left of the 10th hole
- c) the main practice area to the left of the 9th fairway
- d) the designated tee area on the 11th hole for the use of drivers
- On competition days, practice is permitted under Rules 7-1b and 33-2c if it is practicable to do so.
8. Mobile Phones
- Mobile phones are allowed on the course on the understanding that they are only used in case of emergency (eg to call for medical assistance).
9. Plugged Balls
- Through the green, a plugged ball may be lifted, wiped and dropped, no nearer the hole, without penalty.
10. Distance Measuring Devices
- A player may obtain distance information from a device which measures distance only.
- A ball lying in the flower beds behind the 18th green, the poppy bed and the garden at the back of the 10th tee, MUST be dropped. Rule 25-1b applies.